Friday 20 January 2012

Billy Connolly does Opera



Today I had the pleasure of interviewing the comedian Joey Elias, who's coming to the Hudson Village Theatre during the Comedy Festival the weekend Jan. 28th.

During the interview, Joey told me about his time as a comedian and at one point talked about Billy Connolly. Now, I've always heard his name but I never got around to watching him perform. So, using my powers of intuition and investigation I turned to the only source that could get me the experience I needed and fast. YouP... I mean YouTube.

Watch this video, seriously it's hilarious. Best part starts at 1:50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0xDIvix1U&feature=related


After my little encounter with comedy, I kind of have the feeling that I want to get into it more. But, to do that I need some recommendations. Who's on par with this mad man that will make me ball my eye's out in pain? Happy pain! Well at least pain from over-laughing.

Anyway, I have to say, the power to stand up and make people laugh is a rare gift. I can't imagine what I'd do  to get a few giggles out of a crowd. It's not even the jokes, It's the way he tells them. But, even knowing that I can't put my finger on what it is in the way he tells them that's so funny. It just is fucking hilarious.

Anyway here's a link to the Hudson Village Theatre Joey Elias show:
http://www.villagetheatre.ca/Show/112.aspx

Anyone who lives around Hudson should come.


Bandit
COMBUSTION COMPLETE

No comments:

Post a Comment