Monday 23 January 2012

For all avid game collectors.

I won't lie, one of my greatest passions in life is video games. As a video game lover (I call myself a lover and not a gamer because I get joy out of owning video games and not necessarily playing them.) I have a video game collection, not very big, but a nice modest collection.

NES and SNES


I've been working on my collection for about 4 years... Or something like that, and I find that there are a lot of things that people should know if they intend on starting a game collection. Like, how should I store them? Or what order should they be in? Or the biggest question of all, how the fuck do I get this goddamn sticker residue off the old cartridges, i'd like to stop and curse any cocksucker who's ever put a fucking sticker on their game case, box, cartridge or CD... Honestly, I don't know who's fucking dumb enough to put a sticker on a CD, but I'm digressing.

PS2, Gamecube, Wii and Xbox (Some music too.)

What I'm trying to get at here is that I'm going to start documenting how my collection grows and what I do to deal with the growing number of games, because believe it or not, they take up quite a bit of room. So without further adieu, THE RULES FOR COLLECTING FUCKING VIDEO GAMES.

Rule number 1: When you go on the hunt for new games to go into your collection, NEVER hesitate, don't walk into a store buy a game and then see another game and say to yourself "Well, I bought this one today, so I'll pick that one up next week". That is a mistake I have made several times. If the price is good for the game in question, BUY IT RIGHT AWAY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. If your looking into old games they can be hard to come by and if someone buys the one you were looking at, well I hate to break it to you, but you're out of fucking luck. 

N64, Sega Gensis

Anyway, before I get carried away, I'll leave you all with that bit of wisdom in game collecting today. I'll be back next week with another rule of game collecting.

Until then,

-Arithmetic logic unit
COMBUSTION COMPLETE



No comments:

Post a Comment