Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Vanishment

Now and then, I actually do sit myself down and watch a movie. Whether I enjoy it or not, that's another story.

Now, I'm not allowed to do movies, because of conflict of interests. However, I can do Anime movies. Probably.

If I am wrong, this may be my last post on the site. Remember me fondly, or not at all.

Anyway, I've recently watched one that weirdly enough, goes by two names. Either The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, or The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya. I imagine it's a translation thing.

It's based off the fouth novel, of which I have heard is not as great as the movie.

The movie takes place, I believe, a week before Christmas. They're being very Japanese and are planning a party. Because that's all that Japanese people do in Anime's and Visual Novels.

Everything starts off normal, until about the next morning where Kyon arrives at school, and it all turns into an episode of the Twilight Zone. Haruhi and Koizumi are both missing. The blood-lusting Asakura returns, but a bit more normal than usual. Mikuru doesn't recognize him. Yuki's a human now with, get this, emotions. Kinda cool.
And even the bloody cat doesn't talk anymore !

That's the base of the story.

Kyon is basically alone now, in what seems to be a parallel world. He slowly realizes what happens around him, and basically just wonders if this is for the best. If he wanted a normal life away from the psychotic Haruhi, this would be it. Now would be the time.

Does he accept his current situation, or does he fight to change it back ?
Give it a watch. If you're a fan, you won't regret it.

Let me put it like this before I end this post.

Twice in my life, after finishing something, I've said to myself that I wish I could wipe my memory of this something, only to experience it again.

This movie was the second.

What was the first thing ? Oh, you'll find out ~one night~.

-Axl4002

No comments:

Post a Comment