Saturday 4 February 2012

The wonders of the Internets

What never ceases to amaze me is the ability of humans to project themselves through other sources. What I mean by this is that we are able to extend our being beyond the limitations of our own body. We draw pictures, create symbols and share our idea's through ... I dunno ... internet blogz.

But something insane about this ability is the fact that through to internet we are capable of creating idea based equivalents of countries. I mean take /b/ for example:

WTF
I don't know whether I can really describe it as sophisticated, but /b/ is definitively a nation of its own. Only instead of land, it's territory is cyber space.

The community of /b/ band together, declare war and fuck around with the web space of the White House and Scientology. They declare war and often have a collective goal which they often achieve.

But, physically none of these people are together. They exist as a collective body of ideas and messages, but physically they have no nation.

But that in itself shows that we are beginning to operate on two wave lengths. The cyber and the physical. 

and I can't remember where I was going with this cause League distracted me. 

Bandit
COMBUSTION COMPLETE



No comments:

Post a Comment